Rob Longiaru took care of this week’s preview for me. He’s a swell guy.
NY standings are crazy tight!! This week features some really important series..
K9’s vs High Rollers
2nd place k9’s (who have been playing awesome of late) vs the 7th place High Rollers. Will K9s be able to hit with the rollers? or can Norris and dweg hold the Kenny’s at bay? this could get the Rollers back in it, or possibly knock them out of the playoffs.
Revs vs Risers
After a 5-0 start for the Risers, they have gone 5-8 since and have realized the playoffs are not set in stone just yet…They look to crawl back into the race vs the 1st place Revolvers. Wiffman looks to continue his great season by facing potential Cy-young winner Anthony DiDio, along with fireballer Rob Hoffman this week.
Snipers vs Widows
The Snipers as of late have not put their best efforts in, and find themselves no longer in a comfortable place. Although in 3rd place as of now, with only 1 game separating 1st and 4th, the Snipers cant take anything lightly. The Widows on the other hand have put together a great last month and find themselves in the middle of the pack, With no Leftyman this week for the Snipers, Lanigan and the widows look to take advantage and jump them in the standings.
Bombers vs Mob
The Bombers, who are on a dreadful 15 game losing streak after starting the season 2-1. It has been a rough season for the bombers who have been undermanned at times, and over matched in others. The bats of Gerard Fitzgerald and Phil Fresiello still impress, but can Phil and Niff put a couple of good starts together to shut down Gongman and Taylor Anderson? Dan Erhardt looks to continue his chase for “most strikeouts on the mound as well as at the plate” title
There you have it. Copy+Paste is a great thing.
Here’s this week’s GSWL NY Power Rankings. It’s an amalgamation of real stats and just stuff that seems pertinent at the time. Take it as you may. It’s my blog. Deal with it.
1. The Rickman. Dude has made more one-handed grabs in a full layout position this season than anyone else by a mile. His lead in the “Golden Palm” vote shouldn’t be questioned, but I think the pitching he’s fielding behind should be. I don’t think anyone should be making THAT many crazy plays to save runs. What’s up Revs?
2. Danny Lanigan. Not only has this kid been a legendary Wiffler for quite a few years now, the guy hit FOUR homers off of my MOB squad in 1 game. He couldn’t be stopped. I was ready to call in a drug test, to be honest. He blew his arm out doing some questionable things after-hours with his buddies a few days previous, but that’s to be expected from guys on this scene sometimes. Even with the f’ed up arm, he still won his start. Danny’s an animal. Much respect.
3. Cedar Creek Park. Never before in my life have I seen such a reasonable amount of roller skating talent in my life. Aside from those distractions, we’ve been getting some serious interest from casual bystanders and every once in a while, a little kid will ask somebody for an autograph. Pretty cool stuff.
4. Ken Sr. Can anyone get this guy out? ‘Nuff said.
5. NY Region Standings. Holy Sh** guys. It can’t be much closer than it is. Will this season go to the last weekend (Rivalry Week!) to figure out the Playoffs picture? The road to Vegas is going to be paved with pain.
To be completely honest, I’m a few LandSharks in right now and I don’t feel like thinking any harder than I have, which is not saying much. But. I feel like I’ve done a sufficient job in my duties as the mouth of the GSWL NY region, so deal with it.
The name’s Danny Wiffle. It’s great to be here.
Nick and Jared have given me the keys to the Riser Blog, which means you are at the single greatest location to get all of your GSWL NY info. You should be honored; I consider myself THE authority on the NY Region, because A.) I can get the inside scoop on what’s going on around the league, and 2.) Nobody else is doing it.
Check back here for all sorts of fun stuff like trade rumors, interviews, weekend recaps, power rankings and more. As if playing Professional Wiffle® Ball weren’t silly enough, YOU’RE FOLLOWING IT.
We’ll have cool content up tomorrow. Promise.